2017-2018 ocMaker Challenge Project
- Final Project List and Promotional/Demonstration Videos Links and Photo Releases - April 18, 2018
- Final Exhibit and Competition - May 11-12, 2018 - Chapman University
2017-2018 Levels of Response (Click here to download diagram of levels)
- Prototype is static or non-functional
- Prototype is dynamic and has some functionality
- Prototype includes intelligent technology
- Prototype includes intelligent technology PLUS tooling/fabrication processes
- For the purposes of the ocMaker Challenge, a prototype is defined as a model that is used to demonstrate the qualities of a future product. A prototype can be anything that demonstrates how your idea works and what it will look like.
Awards (Click here to download Judging Rubrics)
Main Competition – No Divisions - College, high school, and middle school projects compete against each other.
- Industry judges will score and identify 3 winning projects per level. CASH Prizes sponsored by Airwolf 3D!
- NEW CATEGORY - App Augmented Product
Special Awards 2017-2018– By Division - One project from each division will be identified as a winner.
- Most Innovative Product
- Most Socially Conscious Product – CASH Prizes sponsored by MatterHackers!
2017-2018 ocMaker Challenge Rules and Constraints
- Product must be an original creation designed specifically for the Maker Challenge.
- Must identify STEM concepts within design solution.
- Project must make use of 3D modeling software and 3D printed parts.
- Participants must be teams of 2 – 5 members.
- Video must be made by the team.
Please remember that the following 3 items are required for the Exhibit:
- Physical Prototype
- Product/Project Description - Digital Content
- Tri-fold Presentation Board
- Promotional/Demonstration Video