2018-2019 ocMaker Challenge Project
- Final Project List and Promotional/Demonstration Videos Links and Photo Releases - TBD
- Final Exhibit and Competition - TBD
2018-2019 ocMaker Challenge Rules and Constraints
- Project must be delivered by teachers in the classroom and integrated in teacher’s current curriculum.
- Product must be an original creation designed specifically for the ocMaker Challenge.
- Participants must be teams of 2 – 5 members
- Participants must identify STE(A)M concepts within design solution.
- Prototype of the product must make use of 3D modeling software and 3D printed part(s)* . This rule applies to every level and app augmented.
- 3D printer(s) must be available within in the teacher’s instructional space.•Promotional/Demonstration video must be made by the team and not exceed 2 ½ minutes.
*REMEMBER only a small component of the prototype needs to be 3D printed
2018-2019 Levels of Response ( Click here to download diagram of levels)
- Prototype is static or non-functional
- Prototype is dynamic and has some functionality
- Prototype includes intelligent technology
- Prototype includes intelligent technology PLUS tooling/fabrication processes
- App Augmented
- For the purposes of the ocMaker Challenge, a prototype is defined as a model that is used to demonstrate the qualities of a future product. A prototype can be anything that demonstrates how your idea works and what it will look like.
Please remember that the following 4 items are required for the Exhibit:
- Physical Prototype of Product
- Final Project List
- Tri-fold Presentation Board
- Promotional/Demonstration Video (must not exceed 2 ½ minutes)
Awards (Click here to download Judging Rubrics)
Main Competition – No Divisions - College, high school, and middle school projects compete against each other.
- Industry judges will score and identify 3 winning projects per level. CASH Prizes sponsored by Airwolf 3D!
- App Augmented Product - Sponsored by Anaheim Ducks!
Special Awards 2018-2019– By Division - One project from each division will be identified as a winner.
Special Recognition - One Student will be award $100.00!